Several prisoners in a Russian gulag manage to escape a make a trip of thousands of kilometers to their way to freedom. I enjoyed watching this adventure film with great shots and some intrepid doves. When the group of survivors reach an abandoned buddhist temple they decide to investigate the ruins.
And this is when two doves and a pigeon suddenly appear from the ruins and fly away, startles, from the new visitors.
Details of the pigeon starring
- Source: The way back. Starring moment: 1:14:20
- Pigeon activity: A small group of birds flying away when the protagonists arrive at the scene.
- Symbolism: Although there are some references to doves in buddhism, the use of doves and pigeons in this films seems to be more coincidental relating to wild animals that occupied an abandoned building.
- Relevance: None. The birds do not interact with the protagonists of the films thus they do not influence the film plot.
- Training level: Medium. It seems that they are trained animals released in the film scene. They perform well flying almost vertically in a narrow building.